Saturday, May 10, 2008

english project!


The project was ok and I’ve learned some things through question to question. Some were hard and some were very interesting but at least I am learning many things throughout the project. What I am most interested in was about Charles Lindbergh an american aviator who was the first man to fly nonstop across Atlantic solo. How did he become famous? during his childhood, he was really good at Mechanics. He also got interested in being an aviator, so two years later he became an barnstormer, a pilot who does daredevil stunts in fairs. Then he enlisted himself in the army and became a cautious and capable pilot. A hotel owner in New York offered $25,000 for the first man to fly across the Atlantic. He believed that he could win with the right airplane, so convinced 9 businessmen to help finance the cost of a special designed plane which was named the Spirit of St. Louis. On May 20, 1927 he flew from New York. As landed on Paris on May 21, he became famous.
What I am really in is the tragedy of his son, Charles Jr. who was kidnapped and left with a note demanding a $50,000 ransom. But his son's remains were found and was murdered by Bruno Hauptmann, who was convicted of crime and executed, which was also a famous trial. He and his wife moved to England with their second son to have privacy and moved on. Well I hope I interest you with what I have learned during the research for the project. I'm glad that we students get to know about some things in this world to let our curiosity feel free to learn about new things and show our self that we can find things individually, right Mr.Turbitt?

6 comments:

mercylyn p said...

Your essay was alright but I might recommend that you break the sentences down and add more paragraphs. Other than that, it was alright.

Jeff said...

I agree. Use a picture, jazz it up a bit. Put a little more detail in your writing and create links to your classmates.

Jeff said...

You need to name your blog as well.

SML =) fly high =) said...

I like your essay...
It is interesting to know Jazz...
Pls.write some comments on my blog also... (I'm Semi from 3rd period..)

Lira said...

wow C.Jr. is audacious!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet.Just add some pix here and there it and would be all right.It's still okay.